Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-10-2019, 09:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I wonder if using the 25th would be something both sides could agree on to get rid of Trump. GOP could say his mental state deteriorated and he had to go, but wasn't a criminal (impeachment) so they could save face a bit. Democrats still get the same outcome without the political fallout of impeachment. I honestly think proving he mentally has lost his mind wouldn't be that hard to do.

First off, I need to point out that criminality of actions is not, never has been, and never should be the line for impeachment.

As for this idea overall, it won't happen the way things stand right now. His popularity among Republicans is still high so GOP officials will be hesitant to do anything against him. Invoking the 25th would be seen as a GOP coup against him and would likely mean a party schism. People are playing this in partisan terms (it's all inherently political, which isn't bad, but staunch partisanship is) rather than what is good for the country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 10-10-2019, 09:11 AM