Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-10-2019, 09:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: First off, I need to point out that criminality of actions is not, never has been, and never should be the line for impeachment.

As for this idea overall, it won't happen the way things stand right now. His popularity among Republicans is still high so GOP officials will be hesitant to do anything against him. Invoking the 25th would be seen as a GOP coup against him and would likely mean a party schism. People are playing this in partisan terms (it's all inherently political, which isn't bad, but staunch partisanship is) rather than what is good for the country.

I get that, but that can be their spin as the story narrative being pushed is he is a criminal. He himself is pushing the due process narrative as if this is a criminal investigation and that will continue that belief in the general public.

Currently yes, but if this thing goes south for him and they lose the public support he isn't going to walk away like Nixon he is going to go down in a ball of fire. That damage to the Republican party would be disastrous so they could use his spin out as proof his mental capacity is shot. This all requires Pence to be on board but I wonder if the party could convince him to do it if hey were in a tail spin.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Au165 - 10-10-2019, 09:15 AM