Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
Might as well put this nonsense here...

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/23/trump-lawyer-prosecuted-shooting-someone-055648

Quote:Trump lawyer: Trump can’t be prosecuted for shooting someone

A lawyer for Donald Trump argued in federal court on Wednesday that the president could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in New York City and not be prosecuted.

The lawyer, William Consovoy, was responding to a question by Judge Denny Chin of the Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, who asked, “What’s your view on the 5th Avenue example? Local authorities couldn’t investigate? They couldn’t do anything about it?”

“I think once the president is removed from office, any local authority — This is not a permanent immunity,” Consovoy said.

“Well, I’m talking about while in office,” Judge Chin continued.

“No,” Consovoy interrupted.

“That’s the hypo[thetical]. Nothing could be done — that’s your position?” the judge pressed.

“That is correct. That is correct,” Consovoy responded.

The exchange came as lawyers were arguing in the 2nd Circuit in New York over a subpoena for Trump’s tax returns as part of a Manhattan county criminal investigation involving the president.

Trump filed suit in New York last month to block the grand jury subpoena. It was dismissed by a federal district judge who said he had no jurisdiction to intervene in a state court proceeding.

The judge's question was a reference to a remark Trump made as a presidential candidate back in January 2016, when he marveled at the durability of his support and bragged during a campaign rally, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters, OK? It's like, incredible."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 10-23-2019, 12:54 PM