Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(10-23-2019, 07:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm always amused when the Politicians decry "Do it in public for the American People". They are some of the shadiest folks alive, none of them want true transparency and I don't blame them. 

Trump has brought reality TV to Capitol Hill and there is no shortage of characters. 

Government in the sunshine is a grand ideal, and it has its time and its place. But I can tell you right now that if the framers of our constitution hadn't been sequestered away in private proceedings for months we never would have ended up with the document we have. There are things that are best done behind closed doors, especially these days when open hearings are often stage shows rather than anything that actually gets something done. This is why we have a representative democracy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 10-23-2019, 08:28 PM