Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-04-2019, 05:33 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Yeah, that looks familiar. It's almost if I read that before..... Hmm

What part of what he accuses Trump of came from the readout? None. 

Paragraphs 3 and 4 of the complaint read:
  • Over the past four months, more than half a dozen U.S. officials have informed me of various facts related to this effort. The information provided herein was relayed to me in the course of official interagency business. It is routine for U.S. officials with responsibility for a particular regional or functional portfolio to share such information with one another in order to inform policymaking and analysis.
  • I was not a direct witness to most of the events described. However, I found my colleagues’ accounts of these events to be credible because, in almost all cases, multiple officials recounted fact patterns that were consistent with one another. In addition, a variety of information consistent with these private accounts has been reported publicly.

He mentions receiving the readout in his explanation that the call wasn't restricted at the time it occurred. That's the one and only time it's cited. He doesn't use it for the source of his accusation. The full context of the quite you cited:

Based on my understanding, there were approximately a dozen White House officials who listened to the call — a mixture of policy officials and duty officers in the White House Situation Room, as is customary. The officials I spoke with told me that participation in the call had not been restricted in advance because everyone expected it would be a “routine” call with a foreign leader. I do not know whether anyone was physically present with the President during the call.

[*]    -In addition to White House personnel, I was told that a State Department official, Mr. T. Ulrich Brechbuhl, also listened in on the call.

[*]     -I was not the only non-White House official to receive a readout of the call. Based on my understanding, multiple State Department and Intelligence      Community officials were also briefed on the contents of the call as outlined above.

When mentioning his actual claims he words them in ways such as:

-The White House officials who told me this information were deeply disturbed by what had transpired in the phone call.

-In the days following the phone call, I learned from multiple U.S. officials that senior White House officials

-I also learned from multiple U.S. officials that

-I was told separately by multiple U.S. officials

-Starting in mid-May, I heard from multiple U.S. officials that they were deeply concerned 

That's a lot of dancing to avoid acknowledging that he did, in fact, have evidence of the conversation and it wasn't entirely hearsay, as was claimed. No matter what other information he received, he had received the readout.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 11-04-2019, 06:00 PM