Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-07-2019, 12:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: This is really the most astonishing thing. I don't mind evidence, I don't mind testimonies, I don't mind slanderings and smears and lies, I don't care. Trump!

So, carte blanche. Sure, extort away! Do whatever you please! Carte blanche! MAGA!
What a triumph for conservatives. And for democracy.

So, there are theories surrounding political cultures, and in particular three dominating ones in the US: moralistic, individualistic, and traditionalist. These cultures tend to not fall on party lines; you can have moralistic Republicans and Democrats in places where it is the dominant culture. But there has been a trend of individualism among the Republican party, which essentially is about using the government to your benefit. This individualistic culture has moved around a bit more since this theory was presented in 1966, and I think we're seeing that, here, in the GOP. This higher tolerance for using the government to one's own benefit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 11-07-2019, 02:51 PM