Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-15-2019, 08:03 AM)6andcounting Wrote: 1. Hearsay isn't evidence so you can't impeach someone in it. 

The complaint was investigated by the IG and found credible and urgent. The IG is required by law to report credible complaints to Congress. The IG’s report to Congress was blocked. Right now the House is investigating multiple witnesses to determine if there is enough evidence to vote for impeachment. Thus Trump hasn’t been impeached based upon hearsay of one whistleblower. Hearsay, which I might add, is from officials within the White House who have security clearances to handle this type of information. The whole “hearsay” label is just an attempt by the White House to equate the whistleblower’s information to nothing more than water cooler gossip. The IG already determined it’s not gossip, but rather credible and urgent.

Quote:2. His words have to be able to be cross-examined and what he says has to be verified. But this would be actual evidence and not hearsay.

This is an investigation. Not a trial. If the House votes for impeachment based upon their investigation then the Senate will conduct the trial where he can be cross examined.

Quote:3.  Because the transcript is already out

It is not a transcript. It’s a summary which deliberately excludes parts of the conversation.

Quote:4. Who's being prevented from testifying? I haven't heard that and couldn't find anything from a few different google searches I just did.

See Pat’s summary. In addition there is a lawsuit asking a judge to decide if witnesses have to comply with Congressional subpoenas or with Trump’s directive not to cooperate. Mulvaney tried to join the lawsuit then changed his mind. Can you imagine that? Mulvaney needs clarification if he should cooperate with a Congressional investigation into wrongdoing or listen to his boss who is attempting to stonewall the Congressional investigation into wrongdoing because Mulvaney doesn’t want to get in trouble with the law. Dawg, you’ve made your bed, time to lie in it.

Quote:5. The Ukraine President said he didn't know anything was being withheld, but I don't know that he would came testify. Taylor also testified Ukraine was unaware aid was being withheld, but he was already called as a witness by the Democrats.

Taylor testified Ukrainian officials were aware the aid was withheld and directly tied to the quid pro qua the White House has admitted was, in fact, a quid pro quo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-15-2019, 11:31 AM