Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-16-2019, 08:58 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Nobody who had first hand knowledge that would have been able to provide evidence against Trump was prevented from going. Republicans aren't keeping anyone from the stand who has info against Trump.  

Yet you said:

First you say, "Republicans could make it so we have the people directly involved testify to what occurred. Republicans could put them on the stand. But they aren't."

But then you come back and say that "prevention doesn't always work"

But remember you just clearly said, "(Trump) is preventing them from testifying. So Republicans could make it so we have the people directly involved testify to what occurred. Republicans could put them on the stand. But they aren't."

In short, we aren't hearing from people directly involved because they are being prevented from speaking, but since prevention doesn't always work we aren't actually being prevented from hearing anyone who wants to testify against Trump.

Silly me, I suppose, for considering a president ordering executive branch employees not to testify/cooperate with the investigation as well as invoking executive privilege for certain ones to be preventing witnesses from appearing. I can't believe how silly it is to consider someone telling his subordinates not to do something preventing them from doing something.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 11-18-2019, 09:55 AM