Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump
(11-20-2019, 04:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't disagree with what you said in the last post. If that's what you posted originally I wouldn't have disagreed with it then either. I quoted your exact original quote with the quote feature and that's the quote I disagree with. Nobody with first hand knowledge has been prevented from testifying.  

Those fighting subpoenas have nothing to do with Trump preventing them from testifying. They are fighting because they don't want to testifying - not because Trump won't let them.

Here's the big question, though: would they fight a Congressional subpoena if they did not have the backing of the White House in their efforts? 10-to-1 we would have already heard from these folks had Trump not issued his directive.

Edit to add: There are also the Executive Privilege claims.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 11-20-2019, 04:34 PM