Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RNC spent nearly $100k on Don Jr's book, pushing it to #1 on the NYT best seller list
(11-22-2019, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Never said it doesn't happen, never said both sides don't do it.

It'd dumb for people to spend $50 for a $20 book IMHO.  If they want to give money give it.  I'm not stopping anyone...lol.

Providing some sort of incentive like that is a good way to improve donations, though. It's a common non-profit strategy for fundraising, one I've both organized and been a consumer for. Public media member that costs ~$120? Here! Have a $1.50 coffee mug or tote bag! Providing something tangible is a better motivator, even if it can be obtained cheaper elsewhere, then just straight asking for donations.

I'm just having a hard time with the hate on this strategy. It's something that likely all of us have taken part of on one side or the other.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: RNC spent nearly $100k on Don Jr's book, pushing it to #1 on the NYT best seller list - Belsnickel - 11-22-2019, 12:31 PM