Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RNC spent nearly $100k on Don Jr's book, pushing it to #1 on the NYT best seller list
(11-22-2019, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They were getting a $20 book for free by donating $50.

Do you realize that you can get better cookies at a cheaper price at Costco than you can from buying them from Girl Scouts? Does it make you dumb to buy them from the Scouts?

Yes.  Doesn't mean it's not for a good cause.  But it's dumb if your sole purpose is to give them money.

Just give the money.

If you prefer the gs cookies for some reason that's great.  Can't get them anywhere else cheaper?  Okie dokie.  

Really want that book by Junior?  Go buy it.  Really want that book AND you want to give money to the RNC?  Do both.

But people who want something to donate money always struck me as odd.  And that includes PBS pledge drives or political campaigns.

I donated to one political campaign in my life...I just gave the money.  I wasn't entered into a contest, didn't get a hat or a book.  Basically everything I want to give money to to help I just give the money.

I understand that most of these organizations feel the need to bribe people into participating but it seems dumb to me.

And yes I'd rather give my dumb money to the scouts than a political group.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RNC spent nearly $100k on Don Jr's book, pushing it to #1 on the NYT best seller list - GMDino - 11-22-2019, 01:13 PM