Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal employees COLA slashed
(02-15-2020, 12:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How so?  Do you not enjoy living in a world with nice products?  Do you not enjoy the pleasure of owning products?  I mean, you could just be a P.A. living in the remote, helping people to get past their ailments and injuries for free and living totally off the land for all I know.

As for me, I like the world we live in.  I love new products, new cars, all the stuff.  I can't afford to buy all the cars, the homes and the stuff, but that's alright with me.  I love knowing that it's all there, and that it enables me to be able to work in a competitive field and be compensated fairly for it.  Am I "wealthy"?  Nope.  Do I have more than I need to get by?  Absolutely, and most likely so do you.  Largely in part because of Capitalism, and the rewards of growing up in a society based upon it.

We all love that stuff. Just waiting on those merit based pay raises to catch up with the last 40 years or so.

It’s so funny you should bring this stuff up. I’ve been in my current position as part of a regional hospital group for 3 years. Last year they were bought out by a larger hospital. This year the larger hospital group is outsourcing staffing to smaller companies. I currently have the opportunity to continue doing my current job, but as an employee of the staffing company for 2.5% less salary, 3% less in matching 401K contributions, 15% increase in health insurance costs at a minimum, at least 41% less PTO, and the prospect of working more nights and holidays, and any overtime hours will be paid at strictly straight time instead of time and a half like my current contract. So much for contracts! Right?

You crack me up with your merit raises BS. Yeah, federal employees should definitely quit their jobs for the civilian sector because management is tripping over themselves to hand out merit based pay raises. LOL

Messages In This Thread
Federal employees COLA slashed - Yojimbo - 02-13-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-15-2020, 02:01 AM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - Dill - 02-14-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - CJD - 02-13-2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - treee - 02-13-2020, 07:43 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - Dill - 02-26-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - Dill - 02-17-2020, 03:35 PM