Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federal employees COLA slashed
(02-15-2020, 02:02 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote:
I'm not saying that worker pay doesn't need to be increased.
  Heck, I've repeated that in post after post in this thread.  My whole point was that exaggerating statistics to prove a point is not the way to go about promoting change.  I still stand by that.  

Here's a "for instance" situation.  Let's say that I make $24/hr to work for an engineering firm to do Surveying work.  The Federal minimum wage raises from $7.25 to $15/hr.  Does that not mean that my skills are still not worth 3X the minimum wage for all of the study, time and experience that I've put in?  

The reason that I ask is because those in the know seem to keep bringing up inflation.  Well, it seems to me that if you increase the minimum wage by a significant figure, then all other wages must adjust to the same factor.  That sounds great on the surface, but what happens as a result?  We all know that in reality, prices go up at typically an even disproportionate ratio.

Really?

(02-13-2020, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see what the uproar is about. Those same Federal employees that make their salary off of our taxes, are more than welcome to go get jobs in the private sector. In the private sector, performance merits raises in pay more than things like "achieving another year of seniority".

Aren’t you the guy who claimed if the federal employees don’t like having the COLA raise reduced they could quit and get a civilian job instead?

Messages In This Thread
Federal employees COLA slashed - Yojimbo - 02-13-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-15-2020, 02:12 AM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - Dill - 02-14-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - CJD - 02-13-2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - treee - 02-13-2020, 07:43 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - Dill - 02-26-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Federal employees COLA slashed - Dill - 02-17-2020, 03:35 PM