Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency"
At the very least I think they'll spend on the OL and sign a CB to replace Kirkpatrick. Maybe a veteran TE if Eifert doesn't resign for some reason. Then I expect Dennard, Billings, AJ, and Fej to resign. Honestly, I'd be fine with those 4 only. I also think they'll make one more run for Shaq Barrett and secure him this time to make the pass rush a definite strength. I think they believe they're one draft pick away from LB being a solid group due to Pratt coming on so probably expect Vigil back as well, or the usual LB signing for $5 million.

I think Zac would love to bring in Whitworth to play LG next to Jonah and help bring up Jordan mentally but would MB be man enough to apologize for lowballing him in 2017 (lol)? I don't expect Thuney to be on the radar despite him being a local kid but I think Glasgow would be just as good. At that point, we can roll with Hart for another year or take a chance on Johnson cause now only 1 spot would be a weakness on the OL. I will say that Miller did play decent when healthy and Hopkins played some of his best football with Miller next to him, so maybe they don't view that both guard spots need to be upgraded.

For the draft that should leave us in pretty decent shape. Can definitely attack LB, CB (if they don't sign one), WR, S, and draft developmental OL and DL prospects
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "It sounds like the Bengals are going to be more active in free agency" - Whodey614 - 02-22-2020, 02:19 PM