Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on bringing Burfict back
He's probably still better than anyone we have at LB right now. Unfortunately, I doubt we could depend on him to change his ways and stay on the field which just creates roster problems later. If we can't fix the LB problems by the time FA, the draft and training camp is over, I'd kick the tires on him if he's available because we can't go through another mess like we did last season at LB.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:21 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like he may really be trying to change his ways and style. At the right price would you take a flyer on him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28773697/agent-peter-schaffer-vontaze-burfict-working-conform-style-nfl

Burfict is too stupid to play in the NFL.   He is too stupid that the refs and NFL kick out of more games than he plays in.  He was no better in Oakland.   The Bengals got rid of the idiots that blew the 2015 play-off game lead in last minute.  Hill, Pacman, Burfict.    They all played stupid and gave that game away.  Without Burfict the NFL is throwing less flags on the Bengals Defense.  The NFL wants that fool out of the NFL.  He refuses to play by the new rules, and the truth is he isn't that good of a linebacker anymore.  I don't want the garbage back the truck picked up this week, and I don't want Burfict back.  Plus Marvin is gone, this is a whole new staff with no loyalty to him.  They are building for the future, he is the past. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No chance in hell.  Guy just can't stay out of his own way.  That ship has sailed.  Welcome to the XFL, Vontaze.

Hope he goes to St. Louis with the Hayes brothers and Will Clarke.
Reply/Quote