Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(05-19-2020, 09:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Clearly we're living in the same situation as 3 months ago.

How dare he reevaluate his position.

(05-19-2020, 09:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep right at the beginning of the "testing".

Then, like many things, there was new information and the recommendations changed.  Why that is so hard for some people is understandable when you realize they form a single idea and refuse any new information.  

[Image: it0qa.jpg]

(05-19-2020, 09:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Not sure why it posted big and red.

Anyway, that was back before the spread.

Why did it spread?

Because those infected 1- couldn't get a test and didn't know they were infected, which led to 2- didn't wear a mask and infected others.

The mask isn't about your safety. It's about the fact you may be a carrier and spreading it to someone else. In other words, its about other people's safety.

I'm not big on masks. I'm not big on being told what to do. But my wife's a nurse and she put it terms if understand: Benton's dad has copd and is 67. Benton could have corona. Of Benton goes to see his dad, even if he feels fine, and doesn't wear a mask, it would probably kill be tons dad givwn the prexisting condition.

(05-19-2020, 09:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Not sure why it posted big and red.

Anyway, that was back before the spread.

Why did it spread?

Because those infected 1- couldn't get a test and didn't know they were infected, which led to 2- didn't wear a mask and infected others.

The mask isn't about your safety. It's about the fact you may be a carrier and spreading it to someone else. In other words, its about other people's safety.

I'm not big on masks. I'm not big on being told what to do. But my wife's a nurse and she put it terms if understand: Benton's dad has copd and is 67. Benton could have corona. Of Benton goes to see his dad, even if he feels fine, and doesn't wear a mask, it would probably kill be tons dad givwn the prexisting condition.

(05-19-2020, 10:14 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Third god damn paragraph . . .

Since 25% of people don’t have symptoms and don’t know they are sick plus others are in the incubation period, but still capable of transmitting the infection to others the CDC has recommended the general public wear something covering their face, even if it is a scarf or bandana, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE DONT KNOW THEY’RE CONTAGIOUS.

God damn. This is about the least complicated shit I got to deal with and it’s just beyond some people.

How difficult is it to understand to cover your mouth and nose so you don’t get others sick?

That’s all this is. It’s literally just one additional step to common courtesy.

FFS!  My grandfather’s generation sacrificed their youth for the greater good during WWII and we can’t be bothered to wear a bandana over our face at Publix so maybe somebody’s grandmother with diabetes doesn’t get sick and potentially die and maybe open up the economy sooner.

Look, I posted a meme that made me chuckle, and I get a swarm of negativity.  I make reference that the "expert" that everyone trusts said masks aren't a failsafe option.  I get another swarm response of skepticism and negativity.  I point out exactly when the expert said what he said, I get a swarm of people wanting to move the goal posts.

Look, nobody is saying that you shouldn't wear a mask if it makes you feel safer.  I'm just saying that you're likely not as safe as you might want to believe by wearing one.  However, there is no reason that one single opinion that differs from all of y'all in yours, is any reason to try to hold a massive group intervention, like "quick, someone just threw a lit match into the hay barn!" LOL   

Benton, I can empathize with your situation.  Been tough dealing with staying away from my parents during all of this, too.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - SunsetBengal - 05-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM