Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peters Signed..to play
(07-14-2020, 01:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: glad we passed on him to be honest.. continue to improve our young line... health is a major issue when you are signing older Vets.. besides he signed back with Eagles.. that tells you probably did not get much offers or was always working on a 1 year deal and then retire an Eagle is my guess

This might not be the popular opinion on this message board, but I agree with you.  I'm glad that the team didn't make any rash attempts to bring in Peters.  Sure, he's been a really good player over what's been an impressive career, but would he have been a good fit for the Bengals?  Many on here got really excited when the Bengals paid Cordy Glenn a lot of money to come and rescue the OL, and that one didn't work out so well.

Besides maybe, just maybe, the team really does feel good about moving forward with the OL personnel that we currently have on the roster?  There really has been a lot of quality additions, to what we rolled out there last opening day.  Jonah Williams at T, Fred Johnson at T, Xavier S'ua-Filo at G, Hakeem Adeniji at T/G, and a pair of what many consider high quality UDFAs in Josh Knipfel and Clay Cordasco to compete for depth at G and T, respectively.

Edit: I'm actually happy that the Bengals chose the route that they did, to add players to the OL room, rather than going the "Glamour FA signing" route. First off, should any or all of these guys work out well, it keeps the OL financially viable for a longer period of time. Teams much choose which position groups to over spend on, as they are under a salary cap budget. Secondly, I think that bringing in younger players with skill sets that match what our offense is looking to accomplish, I think that they have a greater chance at "raising their own" rather than trying to get veterans used to a different scheme to adapt. Just my thoughts on the situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Peters Signed..to play - Luvnit2 - 07-14-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Peters Signed..to play - Essex Johnson - 07-14-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: Peters Signed..to play - SunsetBengal - 07-15-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Peters Signed..to play - lone bengal - 07-17-2020, 11:02 AM
RE: Peters Signed..to play - SunsetBengal - 07-17-2020, 01:33 PM
RE: Peters Signed..to play - lone bengal - 07-17-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: Peters Signed..to play - SunsetBengal - 07-17-2020, 02:36 PM