Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(07-26-2020, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How does the agency know a job was offered? 

Admittedly I'm not expert on drawing unemployment. I drew it for about 3 weeks when I had a break in service. In those days you had to show up at the office and show them where you applied. Folks would apply at places they knew they wouldn't get accepted. But I find it hard to believe an auto mechanic couldn't draw unemployment if he refused to work at my guy's lawn mower repair shop. 

Did you apply to places you knew wouldn't hire you? Or was that just everybody except you?

Auto shops shouldn't have been affected by government shut downs.  Thus auto mechanics shouldn't be out of work because of Covid 19.  Quick check of average salaries for auto mechanics shows every state's average salary is above $15/hour or more than $600/week.  So if your guy's lawn mower repair shop can't hire an auto mechanic it is because he isn't offering a competitive salary.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-26-2020, 02:46 PM