Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season
(08-10-2020, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: SI just shared theirs.  These are mine.  What are yours?

1.) The Bengals will have a top 5 offense-  Yes, you read that correctly:  Top 5.  I look at position by position and I can see a "Greatest Show on Turf"-type roster.  Sure, there are questions on the offensive line, but I like Jonah Williams over whatever garbage we were rolling out there early last season times 1000.  There were huge improvements at LG by MJ through the year (even overcoming an injury).  At RG we have XSF with Price breathing down his neck as a last chance to prove himself.  And everyone's favorite whipping boy, Bobby Hart has considerable competition from Fred Johnson and, perhaps, Akeem Adeniji.  Bottom line:  ZT has shown he isn't afraid to throw the ball 50 times if that is what the defense dictates, and with weapons like AJ Green, John Ross, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, Auden Tate, CJ Uzomah, Drew Sample, Joe Mixon, and Gio Bernard, I think Burrow will find the best matchup and his mobility adds a dimension not seen here since the Jeff Blake days.

2.) Zack Taylor will win Coach of the Year-  He was maligned last year for his play calling, but literally everything that could go wrong last year, did go wrong.  If that is what it took to pull a KC (move on from Alex Smith and get a dynamic QB), so be it.  I think Taylor's route designs and concepts will be recognized for their creativity with a roster that can properly execute the plan.  Furthermore, I think Taylor sees a team as a team and wants to focus on keeping guys fresh and productive by season's end.  The leap from year one to year two will win him the award.  He may not have as cool a house (yet) as Kliff Kingsbury, but he will be known around the league after this year.

3.) The Bengals will make the playoffs-  Yes, they will make the playoffs as the one extra team, despite being in one of the toughest divisions of the NFL.  I see such dramatic improvements in talent from FA across the defense, young studs on offense, and Burrow at QB.  I believe this team has the talent AND character (a bunch of guys allergic to losing) that will make this happen.

4.) DJ Reader becomes an All-Pro.  Yep, not even just Pro Bowl, where he has been snubbed before, but he takes the next step here and becomes a bigger loss to the Texans than even DeAndre Hopkins.  

5.) Logan Wilson becomes our starting LB in nickel packages by week 5.  I could have seen him even starting week 1 if there was a preseason.  I feel that strongly about him.  I see him and Pratt as the nickel package (which is really base here) for years to come.

Ok, so my last bold prediction wasn't that bold.  The rest were.  What do you think?  What are yours?

Oh, one last prediction, the number of chins found under Piggy's beard ends up being six.

Fun predictions. Your top four predictions had me feeling uncomfortable, so they are definitely good, BOLD predictions. 

1. Burrow becomes first rookie to pass for 4,500 yards, shattering the rookie passing yardage record.
2. Defense returns to top form, finishes as a top 10 unit.
3. John Ross stays healthy all season and finishes right around the 1000 yard mark.
4. WJIII returns to rookie form and is graded as a top 10 corner by season end. 
5. Bengals make the playoffs and win a game. 

I would be absolutely ecstatic if any of these happen, so keep your fingers crossed!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season - KillerGoose - 08-10-2020, 11:02 AM