Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season
(08-10-2020, 01:31 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Bobby Hart's PFF rating last year 57.7.

If you're not familiar with their rating system, here it is:

[Image: XPasefzB_bigger.jpg]

PFF

@PFF

The Player Grading Scale:

100-90 Elite
89-85 Pro Bowler
84-70 Starter
69-60 Backup
59-0 Replaceable

He's doesn't even chart good enough to be a backup.

That is the same PFF rating system that said Dalton was a better QB in 2018 than 2015.  It is a joke.  You can't even tell me what stats they used to come up with that number because all they use is a subjective grading system they plug into a formula so faulty that a player can be ranked higher than another despite playing fewer snaps and messing up more often.  

Every year we see free agents that are the darlings of the PFF ranking get paid peanuts because NFL teams know the PFF individual player ratings are worthless.

FootballOutsiders count "blown blocks" and based on their calculations Hart's 23 blown blocks were not among the top 20 for most by an OT, and he is just outside of the top twenty for most snaps per blown block by an OT.  The Falcons Jake Matthews ranked 20th with one every 51.7 snaps while Hart had one every 48.3.

If anyone else can provide other stats like pressures or hurries allowed I would like to see them.  But all the objective stats that I can find show that Hart was far from sucking in 2019.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season - fredtoast - 08-10-2020, 01:51 PM