Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season
(08-12-2020, 01:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What about his talent levels for each team?  2015 was vastly superior in every way.  The differences in talent in OL, at WT, at TE, and the D were outstanding.

Could this not explain why they may grade his performance in 2018 on par with 2015?  Afterall, they do take into account bad routes, bad protection, dropped passes, etc.

I think that's where you answer lies.  I tried to have a conversation about this earlier in the thread, but I guess you didn't see it.  I think the around him goes a long way in a proper discussion about his level of play.  

The rationale provided by PFF (I think they interviewed someone from there on Locked on Bengals podcast, which is good stuff if you don't listen) was that Dalton had performed better "off script" in 2018 vs 2015, so this does play in to the talent being superior in 2015 narrative.  He had to do more on his own in 2018.  Statistically, Dalton was better in 2015, but I have never seen him play better than he did in 2018.  The defense was so awful that year, though, it ruined it.  

I remember thinking the steeler monkey was finally off his back as he had a decisive game-winning drive to take the lead with about a minute left only the defense gave up a TD in no time.  How different that season may have been if they won that game and had a bit better defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OUR 5 Bold Predictions for the 2020 Season - SHRacerX - 08-13-2020, 11:06 AM