Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc.
(10-25-2015, 02:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you mean the bailouts to Wall Street, the banking industry, and the investment industry?  While homeowners and business owners declared bankruptcy?

Yes, they most certainly should not have spent our tax dollars bailing out mismanaged entities that should have been allowed to fail.  If anything, those failing financial institutions should have been forced to excuse the debt of all of the citizens that were taken advantage of with their illegal and unethical practices of predatory lending. 

In my opinion, if they would have allowed those financial institutions, as well as the automakers to fail, it would have caused a "system reset" (so to speak).  The open market would have corrected itself, smaller banks and corporations would have been more than ready to absorb the aftermath.

As I was always led to understand, one of the primary axioms of capitalism is that "Everyone has as much right to fail, as they do to succeed". 
With the government interfering, and bailing out and propping up these gigantic monstrosities, they are failing the system by not allowing the natural failures to occur.  Just my opinion on the matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Political Comics, Memes, Jokes, etc. - SunsetBengal - 10-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Polish terrorist attack - StLucieBengal - 04-17-2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Polish terrorist attack - GMDino - 04-17-2018, 09:05 AM