Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(09-30-2020, 12:41 PM)Dill Wrote: If I am a president accused of sympathy for white supremacists, and I am still trying to put behind me an incident in which I “misspoke” about good people on both sides of a racial conflict, 

and I am preparing for a nationally televised debate in which there is a 90% chance I’ll be asked to clarify my stance, what is the best prep for that?

If I want people to understand that I unreservedly DENOUNCE white supremacy in all its forms, no ifs ands and buts, then how do I prepare to take advantage of that coming opportunity? 

Do I

1.       Have a brief speech ready to go, like this “I say right now that I ABSOLUTELY denounce white supremacy in all its forms—that includes the Klan, Nazis, Christian identitarians, Proud Boys, all of them. If anyone in my administration expresses support or sympathy for these groups, he’s gone. Your disgusting ideology has no place in America. NO PLACE!” And I look into the camera and point my finger at it as I speak, in an angry and elevated tone.

2.       Or do I wing it sort of,  “Sure ‘I do’ denounce them. If people want me to.  Name some groups? Oh Proud Boys? Ok Stand BACK and Stand BY! There. Happy now? We need to do something about ANTIFA! And stop racial sensitivity training.“

If I do choose 2, and people continue to question my sincerity, then really, how effective will it be if my supporters quote that “I do” as proof I have "clearly" denounced white supremacy?

Who is really “not hearing what the president says”? The people who focus on the “I do” or those who focus on the whole bumbling indecisive half-hearted “Well ok if you really want me to name some and maybe I will sort of, or put them on ‘stand by’ at least.”

What about those options 1 and 2--six of one and half dozen of the other? If you are a Proud Boy or or a relative of George Floyd, which works best for you, or is that all in "the eye of the beholder"?

This is not plain enough?
"But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia group and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we’ve seen in Portland."

"Sure, I’m will to do that. "

Seems like a tough crowd.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - bfine32 - 09-30-2020, 12:54 PM