Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(09-30-2020, 02:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think any answer would have sufficed for people who believe he's a racist and this thread is a perfect example.

"Will you condemn White Supremacists"

"I do"

"Well that's pretty weak"

This doesn't mention that he has categorically condemned White Supremacists in the past, But much like now when folks want to focus on his saying Stand By as opposed to Stand Down, folks back then focused on "Good people on both sides".

The truly appalling part of the open exchange was when Trump asked is anybody willing to condemn Antifa and Biden said "they're an idea" and then Wallace ended the open discussion at that point. All the while American cities burn. 

As well they should. Especially if represented as past "categorical condemnation" of white supremacy. 

And yes, "I do" is VERY weak.  But you're fine if it's coaxed out of him, then immediately muffled by questions about whom to condemn and a resounding "stand by" Proud Boys.  You stopped listening after "I do"? 

There is no good reason to believe Trump "mispoke" here any more than he did regarding neo-Nazis in Charlotte. That's just more damage control to preserve a counter-narrative--that Trump isn't really what he shows himself to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Dill - 09-30-2020, 03:15 PM