Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(09-30-2020, 08:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: There are severe differences between Trump's white supremacy response and Biden's left violence response. I get you're implying they are pretty much the same, but they are not. For one, it didn't take Biden several aggressive questions before condemning. Second, Biden did not condemn by saying "Antifa, stand down and stand by". Third, it didn't take him until the next day to reconsider his condemnation.
Fourth, Trump lies all the time. This, imho, can not be seen as a statement based on bias. It is just what he demonstrably does. So yes I have less trust in Trump's word than in Biden's (or yours or pretty much anyone's). Trump earned this reputation fairly.

Also, the Proud Boys took it as an endorsement and I suppose still do after Trump's condemnation. See the logo they created based on Trump's words. One would think this would be reason enough to strengthen up the condemnation, so at least the condemned have a hunch they are condemned. Antifa won't consider Biden an ally in their violent goals (please don't claim they do because leftists leftists - they don't); Proud Boys or David Duke Richard Spencer etc. however sure see Trump as such and are not shy to publicly say so. There's a reason for that and it lies in the way Trump condemns. See above. Fifth.

It didn't take Trump "several aggressive questions before condemning". When he was originally asked the question last night he immediately and without hesitation said he condemns.

But for some reason A Yes was not good enough for Wallace and it's not good enough for many here.

As to Biden on Antifa he deflected and Wallace seemed to think that was good enough and it's good enough for many here. 

As to the Proud Boys: I've already conceded many will use his gaff (although he clarified today) as grounds to support their agenda. 

But we agree: There are several differences. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - bfine32 - 09-30-2020, 09:06 PM