Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-05-2020, 09:54 PM)hollodero Wrote: Me personally, I feel that talking about horserace theories and good genes has a distinct racial flavor. I didn't say it was crazy to not think that. It also is not crazy to see it the way I see it. One argument of course being the piling up of Trump comments that are flavored in a similar manner.
This also is not about 83% or 94% - any "victory" on that point imho is a quite insignificant one. Minnesota still is perceived as a white state, and I perceive a Trump audience in Minnesota to be visibly white, and I assume that these were significant premises that made Trump go there. But OK, I don't claim to know the undisputable one truth about Trump's beliefs, though I know where my money's at. But disagreement is fine. Accusing me of twisting words, however, is not. I don't need to twist any of Trump's words to find them awful.

I think you missed a key point, that Trump's crowds are largely white regardless of the state he's in.  You're also misinterpreting the percentage difference "win" comment.  I could go into detail, but I think it's something that's being lost in translation.  We both agree that Trump's track record is not good, and he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, but I don't really see this as anything other than a throwaway compliment from Trump to the crowd.  He probably saw a hot chick in the audience and thought of the comment off the cuff.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-05-2020, 09:59 PM