Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-06-2020, 02:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He said people in Minnesota have good genes.  There are Somali people in Minnesota. 

If you think he wasn't talking about the Somali's then prove it.

By "people in Minnesota," did he mean anyone who happened to be living in the state at the moment--including thousands of out of state college students, foreign residents, refugees?  Or do you think he meant all citizens of the state, including naturalized Somalis, but not all those others?

Or was he addressing people he assumed were born there, ancestors of European immigrants, as those before him appeared to be in photos of the Bemidji rally? But NOT recent immigrants. His comments on Omar offer some clue as to what's "in his heart."

He does not seem to think Omar is an American, much less a citizen of Minnesota.  If I said "SSF is trying to tell us how to run our forum" wouldn't I be implying that you were not OF our forum, an outsider rather than a member, not one of us? Suppose I referred to a Steeler site as YOUR forum and told you to go back there and make that a better place; wouldn't that also imply you didn't belong. If I said, after that, "all the fine people in this forum have 'good genes,'" who (outside of Bfine) would assume I was including you? 

Here's what he said about Omar a week after the Minnesota rally.
She’s telling us how to run our country’: Trump again goes after Ilhan Omar’s Somali roots
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/22/trump-attacks-ilhan-omar-420267

How about Omar of Minnesota?” Trump said at a rally in Moon Township, Pa., outside Pittsburgh. “We’re going to win the state of Minnesota because of her, they say. She’s telling us how to run our country. How did you do where you came from? How’s your country doing? She’s going to tell us — she’s telling us how to run our country.”

Long before he got to Minnesota, Trump made clear he thought Omar did not belong in this country

Trump rally crowd chants 'send her back' after president attacks Ilhan Omar                                       https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/17/trump-rally-send-her-back-ilhan-omar

"Send her back"?  Not to Minnesota, I'm guessing--but can I prove it? 

Add these sources to the quotations from Bemidji in post #270, and it's clear Trump's hostility is not limited to ONE Somali. His promise is to keep more of THEM from coming to Minnesota--flooding the place. 

That's why I don't think he was talking about Somalis when he claimed the people of Minnesota had good genes. No evidence he's changed his mind on this matter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Dill - 10-07-2020, 12:08 AM