Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-09-2020, 08:30 PM)Dill Wrote: No, I truly haven't seen any post in which you were called a "fan of Hitler" or told you were "craving an opportunity to kill."

The latter post did occur pretty much as stated, albeit some time ago. Regarding the former, there was a deleted post in this thread that of course I shall not repost verbatim, but believe me it was pretty unambiguous.

I have a different take than SSF on many things. On this, I don't. What he addresses has nothing to do with good or bad discussion style, but with inacceptable discussion style. And there are quite a few examples of that.

I don't want to put you in the wrong over those two instances, for you probably were not aware of those. But in general I share the observation that there is less willingness to call out people/posts from people from the perceived "own side". Which sure applies to both sides. Both sides imho have blind spots regarding their own behaviour, and the tone of their posts (from oneself or others), while they willingly see the same fault at others from the other side.

How fatal it is that there's always the split in two sides is tragic in its own way, but that seems to be the way it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - hollodero - 10-09-2020, 08:53 PM