Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does he refuse to condemn them?
(10-12-2020, 04:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He told a state that is 20% other that White non-Hispanic that they has good genes. He did that to garner votes from EVERY citizen in the state, not just the white ones. Any further analysis is just tin foil hat territory

I heard Trump spend a great deal of time mocking refugees from Africa in his speech, and promising Minnesotans he wouldn't let any more in, especially ones like Omar, who should go back to "her" country, obviously not Minnesota. 

Pointing out that Minnesota is only 83% white in order to claim Trump therefore MUST have meant non-whites when he referred to "people of Minnesota" doesn't fix this.

That's why I didn't hear the subtext you did: "You ALL have good genes people of Minnesota, including you African Minnesotans who didn't belong here 20 minutes ago; but at this one moment in my speech I want YOUR vote so I mean your genes too!" 

But instead of addressing my objection, you treat Trump's words praising Minnesotan genes as totally separable from his previous comments in that speech, not to mention his previous evaluations about African immigrants. So his words only mean what you think they would mean, were they spoken by someone who had not just gone off on anti-African rants.

Once you've fastened on that, examining his statement in context is "just tin foil hat territory." 

You've recently become interested in logical fallacies.  Do you see one here at all? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does he refuse to condemn them? - Dill - 10-12-2020, 10:12 PM