Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt very under the radar pick
(12-22-2020, 01:01 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Is this post in haiku format?

Margus Hunt Stinks - he is the last thing we need, legacy sh.it players, clogging up roster spots

Cincy fans love to overvalue and be nostalgic, even over scrubs like Margus Hunt 

Get over it 

Go watch the game again. I did and every defensive snap, I watched both DTs.

Margus Hunt played almost every one of his snaps as a DT and he had lots of successful bull rushes preventing Ben from stepping up into the pocket. If you can't accept that he's better than he was last time he was here, then it is you that will need to get over it. He's not going to earn a starters spot but he's not a scrub anymore. He's a veteran that will have a job somewhere next year even if Cincy decides to move on from him when Reader comes back.

I really like Mike Daniels. He wasn't pushed around at all. Looks like a leader before and after the whistle. He's not a cheerleader but he does inspire confidence in his team mates and seems to communicate well with them.
Covington proved he's an NFL DT. Lots of consistent effort and he doesn't get moved off of the ball very easily.
Hunt was a beast. He's not in there on rushing downs very much. Not saying he's our new Wallace Gilberry moving inside on passing downs but he's not far off.
Williams was hit and miss. He provided the pressure to force Ben to throw into coverage on Phillips' second INT drop and made other plays but he got moved around a bit. Lots of effort and energy.
Bledsoe did almost nothing. Unless he improves in the off-season or gets bigger and stronger, he'll be a camp cut next year.

And for the record, all of impactplaya's posts look like he's trying to write in haiku, but doesn't understand the rules.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Margus Hunt very under the radar pick - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-22-2020, 01:52 PM