Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have we learned in the past few weeks?
(12-28-2020, 04:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why after yesterday? I actually feel better about Tee potentially becoming a true #1 after seeing him go for almost 100 yds and a TD with a back QB in.

Here is the problem:  If Tee or Boyd go down, the other draws the best defender and the Bengals offensive line (really ANY offensive line) can't hold up in pass blocking long enough for the slow-developing routes to develop.  When they faced a defense like pitt or Baltimore (and we get that twice a year) they can shut down both our top targets and then you have a QB holding the ball and getting killed.

The Bengals #1 need on offense is to further improve the line.  The #2 need is for a speed option that gets a cushion so easy completions are there for the taking, but also keeps safeties deep to open up the middle of the field and the rushing attack.  They need talent and they need depth of talent.  I would also add another speed option later as a developmental player like Schwartz from Auburn.  We can't trot out the same style WR if there is one injury.  That kills this offense.  We have the QB.  Surround him with protection and diverse weapons.  

My dream scenario isn't Sewell, it is to get Chase, and maybe in Rd 3 get the mammoth Faalele from Minnesota to play RT.  At 6'8" and 400 lbs, he could be groomed behind Hart.  That way, we aren't moving Jonah from his LT spot.   I would also hope for a Guard like Deone Brown from Bama to put next to Faalele and have a mauling right side of the line.  I would aim for a DT like Barmore to have a beast next to Reader in the middle.  Washington's strength is all across the defensive line...not just Chase Young on the edge.  If Alex Smith can be back healthy for next week and the playoffs, I don't think a lot of teams want to play them.  That line is incredible.  We need help in the middle.  

Sign Thuney for a 5 year deal and put him next to Jonah Williams and that side becomes a strength.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What have we learned in the past few weeks? - SHRacerX - 12-30-2020, 01:36 PM