Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-04-2021, 12:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, the Saints are a much better team overall. And 5 games is a pretty small sample size.

But I get it, you don’t want Brady. I’d personally be pretty excited about reuniting him with Burrow, and I’d respect the FO swinging for the fences.

If it is Brady or Taylor, give me Brady.

I just am gun-shy after missing so badly on the last coach with limited NFL experience when there are other options out there that have proved they can handle the league.

Here is my fear. Brady is at Carolina, a functional team, decent to good owner and he is adjusting to his first time having a major NFL job. Then, he gets hired here. Year two of the NFL (I know he was with the Saints but it wasn't a major position, labeled the generic offensive assistant for the year he was there) and he comes to a team with no GM, Duke Tobin picking players, not a lot of NFL level connections yet and he just drowns like Taylor from having to do every damn job himself.

Brady gets hired by the Texans, or Jags he probably lights the world on fire with a good support staff, he won't have that here.

We have to go for a guy that is adjusted to the NFL life, a guy who has a lot of connections and can put together a coaching staff quickly. A guy that can over-come the handicap of Tobin and the Brown family. I just don't think a guy with 1 full and true NFL season is ready for that challenge.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff - Murdock2420 - 01-04-2021, 12:36 AM