Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Report - Bengals planning "major shake up" to Taylor's staff
(01-04-2021, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Carmichael would make Synric happy. I know he’s been mentioning him for a couple years now.

He would be a great get I think, he's spent a lot of years in the league, and has had to deal with Brees going down, losing WRs, losing players to FA and that team just keep churning along.

He may not be the answer either, but with his resume, he would be near the top of my list if not the very top.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I forgot about those guys, but it's still very close. Moore, Anderson, and Samuel are all studs. AND Teddy B has a decent offensive line, unlike dallas, which just has a terrible line.

Since you bring up Dalton, in 2016 the bengals line and weapons werent nearly as talented as a whole as the panthers currently are, but Dalton still managed to throw more touchdowns than 2020 teddy, less ints, and 700 or so more yards.

and people say Dalton was bad, but then say Teddy's ok when he puts up lesser numbers with better talent? Not buying it

I'm not making any comments about Teddy. I am just very skeptical that the Carolina WR trio is the best in the NFL. I'm not sure there are many who would rate them in the top 5, but I could be wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Goff is in the playoffs.

That is all that needs to be said.

This isn't a debate of the talent of Bridgewater, be it mediocre or decent or whatever, he declined after leaving New Orleans.

Again, good coaches overcome obstacles. McVay, Peyton as you said won with Hill.

Brady couldn't get the guy to play to his potential like Peyton did, I want the next coach here to be able to overcome injuries and shit the way the best coaches in the league do.

I'm tired of excuses.
Sean Payton is up there with Andy Reid as one of, if not THE best offensive minds in the league. It's extremely hard and rare to find coaches with that sort of skill.

it's just like looking for the next Mahomes/Marino. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:10 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Mediocre this year but with the right coach he has shown he can be really good.

Look at what he did in Sean Payton's offense in New Orleans.

This sort of proves my point against Brady.

Bridgewater in 5 games with New Orleans had 1384 yards, 9 TDs and only 2 INTs, with a 99.1 rating. 

With Brady, he declines.

Eh, the Saints are a much better team overall. And 5 games is a pretty small sample size.

But I get it, you don’t want Brady. I’d personally be pretty excited about reuniting him with Burrow, and I’d respect the FO swinging for the fences.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:20 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Sean Payton is up there with Andy Reid as one of, if not THE best offensive minds in the league. It's extremely hard and rare to find coaches with that sort of skill.

it's just like looking for the next Mahomes/Marino. 

I get that, but that is exactly why I like Carmichael so much. He isn't like Taylor where it was a hung around McVay for a year, this guy has been Peyton's guy on offense since 2009!!!

He has to have picked up some of that knowledge over that time.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:18 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'm not making any comments about Teddy. I am just very skeptical that the Carolina WR trio is the best in the NFL. I'm not sure there are many who would rate them in the top 5, but I could be wrong. 

you are. 2 of the 3 have eclipsed 1000, and Samuel has 900

And they did that with the qb only throwing 3700 something yards 

Which is no doubt lower half

I play fantasy football so I keep track of players' stats. All 3 panthers receivers were very productive with the checkdown king
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: you are. 2 of the 3 have eclipsed 1000, and Samuel has 900

And they did that with the qb only throwing 3557 yards 

Which is no doubt lower half

I play fantasy football so I keep track of players' stats. All 3 panthers receivers were very productive with the checkdown king

I stand corrected.  I play FF too, but didn't realize they combined for 2900 yards or so. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Goff is in the playoffs.

That is all that needs to be said.

This isn't a debate of the talent of Bridgewater, be it mediocre or decent or whatever, he declined after leaving New Orleans.

Again, good coaches overcome obstacles. McVay, Peyton as you said won with Hill.

Brady couldn't get the guy to play to his potential like Peyton did, I want the next coach here to be able to overcome injuries and shit the way the best coaches in the league do.

I'm tired of excuses.

Sean Payton is a pretty high bar. Guy is one of the best coaches ever.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, the Saints are a much better team overall. And 5 games is a pretty small sample size.

But I get it, you don’t want Brady. I’d personally be pretty excited about reuniting him with Burrow, and I’d respect the FO swinging for the fences.

If it is Brady or Taylor, give me Brady.

I just am gun-shy after missing so badly on the last coach with limited NFL experience when there are other options out there that have proved they can handle the league.

Here is my fear. Brady is at Carolina, a functional team, decent to good owner and he is adjusting to his first time having a major NFL job. Then, he gets hired here. Year two of the NFL (I know he was with the Saints but it wasn't a major position, labeled the generic offensive assistant for the year he was there) and he comes to a team with no GM, Duke Tobin picking players, not a lot of NFL level connections yet and he just drowns like Taylor from having to do every damn job himself.

Brady gets hired by the Texans, or Jags he probably lights the world on fire with a good support staff, he won't have that here.

We have to go for a guy that is adjusted to the NFL life, a guy who has a lot of connections and can put together a coaching staff quickly. A guy that can over-come the handicap of Tobin and the Brown family. I just don't think a guy with 1 full and true NFL season is ready for that challenge.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sean Payton is a pretty high bar. Guy is one of the best coaches ever.

Isn't this the bar we should be aiming for though?

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Isn't this the bar we should be aiming for though?

the thing is Peyton and Reid were already nfl coaching vets before they got their HC gigs...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:41 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: the thing is Peyton and Reid were already nfl coaching vets before they got their HC gigs...

Again...

Exactly why I am not on the hire Joe Brady train.

I want the guy who spent 9 or 10 years learning the league and earning respect of other coaches who will want to work with him. A guy who will come in here and be able to over come the Tobin and Brown family factors.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:44 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Again...

Exactly why I am not on the hire Joe Brady train.

I want the guy who spent 9 or 10 years learning the league and earning respect of other coaches who will want to work with him. A guy who will come in here and be able to over come the Tobin and Brown family factors.

yea that seems unlikely. Coaches know their is a limitation when working here. As a head coach of course
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:18 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He would be a great get I think, he's spent a lot of years in the league, and has had to deal with Brees going down, losing WRs, losing players to FA and that team just keep churning along.

He may not be the answer either, but with his resume, he would be near the top of my list if not the very top.

Pete Carmichael could also steal a couple other saints coaches. If Carmichael is the Head Coach he can steal Dan Roushar one of the NFL's best Offensive Line coaches to be his OC and one of the hot list candidates for DC Aaron Glenn.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Isn't this the bar we should be aiming for though?

We talking about the Bengals still?

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We talking about the Bengals still?

I'm just tired of settling... too many years of disappointment. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:48 AM)Synric Wrote: Pete Carmichael could also steal a couple other saints coaches. If Carmichael is the Head Coach he can steal Dan Roushar one of the NFL's best Offensive Line coaches to be his OC and one of the hot list candidates for DC Aaron Glenn.

I'd be all in favor of this, clearly they have a good thing going down there in New Orleans, and to bring a good part of that system here would be a nice change.

Reply/Quote
....to Taylor's staff is the most concerning part of that article. I'd hoped it would have said.....to the Bengals staff
Reply/Quote
Why hasn’t Carmichael got a shot at HC somewhere yet? Bad interviews?

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why hasn’t Carmichael got a shot at HC somewhere yet? Bad interviews?

Honestly, I have no idea.

What is even crazier, look at the Saints offensive numbers when Payton was suspended or the time he was out hurt. Carmichael was calling the offensive shots then and they went off. 2nd or 3rd best offense, but their defense was crap.

Reply/Quote