Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FoxNews declares Dems take control of Senate
(01-07-2021, 01:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If we know one thing about the Republican voting base, it is that they are exceedingly forgiving of corruption, racism, sexism and corporate greed and, seemingly, have an extremely short memory regarding anything Republicans do that is "bad" but will never forget the "bad" things that Democrats do.

I think this is aided by their propaganda networks, of which there used to be only 1 (Fox) but now there's like 10 of them. The wonders of the internet age...

I fully expect them to flip 4 or 5 Democrat seats in 2022 and then grind the government to a halt once again. In regards to the house, the maps are being redrawn this year, if I'm not mistaken, and with the majority of state legislatures in the Republicans' hands, I wouldn't count on a fair congressional map in most states. We're probably looking at a 20% delta in terms of representation vs votes (a state may vote 60% Democrat in total over all of the districts, but only have 40% of the house seats), if not even worse.

So I hope Biden has an aggressive agenda set for 2021 and 2022, because I very much anticipate 2023 being the end of any kind of real progress made by our government on any of the major issues this country faces. And that's excluding the ones that even the Democrats don't want to see fixed, like the pharmaceutical and medical healthcare industry. So we're already starting from a pretty weak position in terms of hope for change, but it's likely only going to get worse from here.

Understood. But there are a lot of Republicans leaving the party over the trump issue. Most weren't really Republicans anyway (personally, I miss my old party), they just weren't democrats. They voted republican as a way to not vote Democrat. 

I think for the next few years, a lot of them just won't vote, or they'll be voting for fringe, trump-like candidates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FoxNews declares Dems take control of Senate - Benton - 01-07-2021, 03:57 PM