Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a backup QB trade happen
(03-04-2017, 01:41 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Kind of weekend read here, a really deep dive into TRUE backup QB trades. I've seen a lot of comparisons for McCarron and Garroppolo over the last year, but none really fit what those guys are - true backups who haven't really played.

Check it out - I think some of the numbers and "success" of those trading FOR the QBs will surprise you.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/03/03/what-makes-a-backup-nfl-quarterback-trade-happen/98706682/

Of course, any other social shares are appreciated! And as usual, so, so much can't make the story so if you have any questions about these trades or the people I talked to, leave them here and I'll answer as best I can.

As always, thanks!

I really think Bengal Fans over rate this as if every team in the NFL wants to trade a first round pick for our 5th round pick back up QB, so they can bench their QB and make McCarron their Franchise QB for the next 10 years.  What has he done so fantastic and wonderful to fill Fans heads with this notion.  I will add he is low cost in 2017 and gives us a better back-up than the clunkers we became use to.  Remember all the raving about that QB that could run a little but no passing arm. I think his name was Jackson or something.  Just what you need a QB that can't throw. Look, this isn't college.  We have McCarron who is a great back-up. Probably his last year here. If Dalton gets injured we will regret trading him.  He isn't costing much money to keep him one more year. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What makes a backup QB trade happen - kevin - 03-04-2017, 05:35 PM