Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
To me, the last Super Bowl game. Boomer at QB, Krumrie going down, Stanley Wilson disappeared; and yet the Bengals led going into the 4th quarter. And yes, Jerry Rice caught a touchdown, but it was the game TYING TD after which the Bengals took the lead on a field goal with somewhere around 3 minutes remaining, and as Bengal Hawk said, it was that dam John Taylor who caught that pass to end our dreams. My favorite coach Sam Wyche, a really good defense, and awesome offense led by Esiason all went to the wayside in the closing moments of that game. The first Super Bowl was disappointing, especially after we won the Freezer Bowl to get there (still why I think Fouts hates us in his broadcasts), but we started out in the hole and made a valiant comeback only to fall short to the hated 49ers and Montana; I could see why we lost, but still remember the great Kenny Anderson leading us back almost to a win, and yes; it hurt too.But the last Super Bowl for me was the worst. Palmer and Henry going down on the same play after the great completion that brought all of us who were around out of our seats only to be floored was bad, as was pulling defeat out of the jaws of victory in that playoff game in 2015, but who's to say we would have went all the way either of those years? In both of our Super Bowl losses, we were right there, and as it seemingly always happens, ended up short...those were the worst to me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - Bengalsrob - 03-22-2017, 02:48 PM