Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-08-2017, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This would actually make a ton of sense for Cleveland, and I am not just saying that because it benefits us.

They have a low dollar investment if AJM (low salary for two more years).  He starts and plays great, they don't have to draft one of the really high ranked QBs from USC and UCLA, who might be the highest rated QB prospects since Andrew Luck.  If he falters, no harm financially, and they will still be in line for one of those QBs.

I would have no doubt that AJM would beat Osweiler.  

Not enough. It does not benefit us enough. We have a great backup QB who we know can win games if AD goes down for less than $750K a year for next 2 years. He has proven he can win games in the NFL and has upside for another NFL team with options of grabbing a 1st round draft choice who is unproven and that team has to pay them 5 times more than AJM to see if they pan out.

I think our fans are severely under valuing AJM due to him being a mid round pick. The Bengals made a great draft pick and no different than players like Geno Atkins, Wilson or others, he simply has outperformed his draft position. Jimmy G. same thing for the Pats.

I stick #1 pick or we keep him (and trade him next year) to back up our QB at least 1 more year. A veteran  back up QB would cost us more and may give us no confidence in their ability to win if AD went down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Luvnit2 - 04-08-2017, 12:17 PM