Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-23-2017, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: Well, his body of work is such that, if someone wanted him, it would be largely based on perceived potential.  And I still say he showed more intangibles than tangibles.  Heart and confidence are essential characteristics but so are the physical traits.

I think he could develop onto a good QB but that's based more on a feeling than a real conviction.  And I have serious doubts about his ability to really carry a team.  What kind of a draft pick is that worth?

Best case for us, a team wants to draft one of the QB's and sees AJM as the way to let the rookie sit for a year.  Problem with that is, how much would they be willing to part with for a one year stopgap. 

I also don't see anybody seeing their franchise QB in him.  That, in my opinion, requires a helluva leap of faith, the kind that get guys fired.  

Maybe people have brought this up in this thread, but I was just thinking that Cleveland might even be willing to deal #33 to us (or even #52 in the second round) for AJ even if they do draft a QB early so that they can let him sit for a year or two.  

How many quarterbacks has Cleveland destroyed as a franchise by throwing them into the fire?  They might be thinking ahead to avoid that (doubt it because, let's face it, they're the Browns).

They have so many draft picks early that they could do it (7 in the first four rounds) and seems like it could only have positive outcomes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - BFritz21 - 04-23-2017, 09:56 PM