Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider-Man Homecoming - Spoilers and Opinions
Hey, so I love Spider-Man. I actively collect a few on-going comic titles and have an embarrassing robust collectibles collections in my man cave. I've always liked the movies, even with the imperfections each franchise had.

The original (first two, not that awful third one) was a great movie for the time period that it came out. Pre MCU, a stand alone Spider-Man story. It followed the typical super hero movie formula. Toby was a good goofy, nerdy Peter. It stayed true to a college aged Peter Parker from the early years of the comics. The supporting cast, for the most part, was on point.

The reboot franchise, with Andrew Garfield, brought a different feel. He actually looked younger, but he still wasn't authentically a teen. He was more true to the goofball personality that Spider-Man is really known for. He was also way too cool and suave to be Spider-Man and never truly hit the insecure/flawed side of Spidey.

Homecoming brings us a different Spider-Man. He's 15 and he feels like he's in high school. He's not popular, he likes building lego death stars with his dorky best friend, and he wants to do more. Placed within the MCU, he sees super heroes established around him, much like Spidey saw with the Fantastic Four and others in those first issues. He wants that life but he's stuck in high school. He doesn't truly have someone there to mentor him and he makes mistakes. Forgoing hanging with the girl he likes or taking her to the dance so that he can save the day felt real. Unlike the other two, he really didn't fight, he just shot webs at people, which seemed real. He's got Spidey-Sense and he's super strong, but he's not some trained fighter.

I could have done without the crazy suit with AI, but I look forward to seeing the next few installments. They set up for the Scorpion and, if you didn't catch it, Donald Glover played a character with the same name as the Prowler, uncle of Miles Morales ("I have a nephew who lives in that neighborhood" he says).
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Spider-Man Homecoming - Spoilers and Opinions - BmorePat87 - 07-10-2017, 07:58 PM