Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you take one Year away from your life span if someone said they would give you
(07-27-2015, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That wasn't part of the agreement at all!  I thought the Twilight Zone was a bit more fair than that.

It was. The Twilight Zone episode featured a man who could swap atributes with people, so this old guy literally buys the man's youth for an outrageous sum (like $1,000,000). The man became old, but he didn't die on the spot. Instead he found a young bellboy of 19, paid him a much smaller sum (like $100) to buy a year of life off of him (aging the bellboy to 20), then told the young man to tell his young friends about this deal. In this way, he got his youth back and kept most of the money.

Of course, it didn't work out in the end for him, but for an entirely diferent reason.

Per the original question, I'd say no because I'm worried about a twist where it meant I'd die today instead of a year from now, or worse yet, it takes away one of my exisiting years. Even if it simply meant reducing my ideal potential lifespan, I'd have to decline. Life is priceless.
Because steel is stronger than iron.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
No - Steel Maiden - 07-30-2015, 11:45 AM