Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
I'll try to see if this works since I did it all on Twitter and I've been away from the forum game.

Hands are low and late wide. This gives the DE his chest and the ability to dictate the play. 

Here you see a bad set first and foremost. It's shallow and the DE just explodes beyond his set. Then you see his hips turn open giving the DE the edge and the win on the rep. Luckily every pass is designed to be a quick fire pass and McCarron fires to the underneath. He has no room to drop back or move. 

In this rep his first move is up and then left. The DE just runs around him. Again, quick throw and flag bail out an awful rep. 

This is possibly his best pass pro rep. The DE is indecisive about attacking and ***** foots around before trying to bull. Hands sill are wide and late so the DE gets his hands in. Doesn't impact the play but it is bad form and a repetitive issue you see in his game. 

This is his best block of the game in the run or pass. He gets the double off then hits the incoming defender. Now he needs to turn and attack up field so he is not in the way of the RB and to possibly break it wide. 

Solid block as he stalemates with the DE. 89 takes out Boling's legs on what should have been a huge gain. 

Another shallow drop with his hands low and wide. He's late firing them and the DE gets in his chest and drives him to the QB. Luckily the throw is quick. 

Tries for the Tyron slingshot block but just whiffs. No first step. Lifts his foot and puts it back down. Gains no ground and the DE burns him. Be decisive. 

Another save by way of quick release. There's no time for the QB to make anything happen. Everything is going to come from the skill guys. He bites on the inside fake. Can't recover to the edge. Hips turn open. 

Tale of two tackles same play as above. Watch Fisher and Ced here. Ced is late and bites on the fake. Fisher gets in his set then fires the hands. Ced is too passive and gets caught flat. 

This is the new offense. Dump and chase at OT. No long developing plays. Short sets and hope the ball is out for YAC. 

Again, passive in nature hurts him. Attack. OL play is not a passive act. Could have been a great block. 

This is a very good down block with Boling. He pulls off to the LB. It's aggressive and has a decisive nature to it. 

Watch how long the DE is engaged before Ced tries to grab on the outside and is immediately dismissed. 

I feel like this collection shows the issues with Ced the best. 
I could post every play but it's repetitive at a certain point. 
His best plays came on zone blocks where he was doubling down or the DE crashed hard. These play into his strengths as a run blocker. His passiveness with his hands is a fatal flaw. He's so late and slow to engage he's giving up his chest or his edge every time. 
He's not getting into good sets, his hand placement is still very bad, he takes bad first steps and he's wildly passive to the point of being a liability. 

When he actually attacks, he's capable of making blocks. But it's so few and far between and surrounded by piss poor technique that it's seeming more and more unlikely he'll be anything more than what he is now. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-14-2017, 06:04 PM