Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-17-2017, 01:21 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Ced defenders point to Boiling as an example of an offensive lineman who struggled early for us. This is a false comparison for two major reasons. The first, and most obvious, being that he is a guard and Ced is a tackle. The second, that while Boiling certainly struggled his first year he showed flashes of what would make him an above average starting guard in the league, then showed tremendous improvement in his 2nd year to where he is now. Ced has shown literally nothing that would make me think he could even be an average tackle in this league. He gets beat by every move imaginable. His "quick feet" which was supposed to be a strength seem to have all but disappeared. If Ced continues to struggle this year and isn't pulled after at least 3 games someone should lose their job. 

Who are all these Ced defenders?  The most I've really heard anybody say is that he looked a little better against TB and maybe he's not a lost cause and this includes Bob Johnson, Dave Lapham and Anthony Munoz, who, if memory serves, all played the line in the league with a degree of success.  (Oops. I forgot, they're all paid to say exactly what Mike wants them to say.) Somehow this has turned into a cavalry of ardent defenders ignoring all the bad.

Guess you're not even allowed to hope for the best around here any more.  If you do, that makes you an ostrich or a toadie for Mike Brown.

I'll say this--if Ced somehow turns it around, a lot of amateur experts are gonna look like a real bunch of blowhards.   Such certainty expressed on Ced.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - McC - 08-17-2017, 01:37 PM