Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Can We Talk About Football?"
(09-16-2017, 03:13 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well I guess it is just me. My outrage level won't ever be affected by seeing an incident vs simply hearing about it. I'm just as disgusted with what Ray and Mixon did before the videos came out. It didn't take a visual account of what happened to make me feel any better or worse about it.

The details about what Mixon and Ray did were in the press, simply seeing them shouldn't be the reason Ray was blackballed from the league and why Mixon's draft stock was destroyed. It happened just the same, whether it was on camera or not. The fact that it was captured on camera is irrelevant IMO. The punishment and public backlash should be the same regardless. 

Mixon paid his debt to society and like I said, if the video of the incident never came out a lot of people would have forgotten he ever did it. I find that incredibly sad. 

So you're telling me you feel the same outrage over hearing a rape than if you were forced to watch it?
The same reading a book about the holocaust than if you had to watch it?
The same hearing about a kid in Chicago got shot than if you had to watch them bleed out?

I mean, come on man. I call BS. No you wouldn't. Otherwise you'd need to talk to a therapist anytime you watched the news or read any articles about any war happening.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - Brimey - 09-15-2017, 08:17 PM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - jason - 09-16-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - TheLeonardLeap - 09-16-2017, 03:46 PM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - TKUHL - 09-16-2017, 12:40 AM
RE: "Can We Talk About Football?" - CJD - 09-16-2017, 11:57 PM