Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start
(09-28-2017, 01:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm going to take this as a positive in that Brown is considering firing Lewis AND firing him mid-season. I don't worry that if MB does, he will not go through with a coaching search in the offseason. I DO worry, he might give too much thought to whomever the interim HC was and not do a thorough coaching search.

BTW, is it possible that Brown is correct on the talent? Aside from the OL, we do have some decent-to-good talent. But, even with the OL, are the problems fixable? How much of the issues with the OL are due to mental errors and technique? I'm honestly asking.

I'm no OL expert to say the least but I feel our run blocking technique SUCKS ! Watch basically any other good team, really watch the OL. They are attempting to drive and maneuver the D.

Our line basically stands straight up on running plays and kinda just catches/gets in the way of the D. They're not the aggressor in other words.

Watch the two plays near the end of the first TD drive in the GB game, both Mixon runs. Bodine gets driven right into the lane Mixon is trying to hit. it's like he's just trying to be an obstacle, not really block ?

Perhaps Sunset or Royal or whomever can elaborate ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - bengalfan74 - 09-28-2017, 04:22 PM