Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton Deserves Some Credit
(10-03-2017, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is the exact opposite of a gunslinger. He's too careful most of the time. I don't think I've ever seen a QB throw it away as much as him. I wish he would give AJ (and others) a chance to make a play once in awhile instead of atomically throwing it out of bounds if the play breaks down. 

I did say he wasn’t the typical gunslinger. Still, he does sling it around a bit. Look no further than the TD to AJ against GB & then the second TD to Kroft against Cleveland. But I would agree with Shake, in that he hasn’t been one so much recently, which is also why I said ‘he does have it in him’.

For the most part however, this post doesn’t make much sense to me. If anything, Andy relies on AJ too much, meaning he’s always giving AJ a chance to make a play or, looking to make a play with AJ. It’s one of the biggest gripes I’ve read on these boards.

Throwing the ball away isn’t a bad thing. I disagree that he does it too much. That’s not to say he doesn’t do it often, but those instances were implied when I mentioned him leaving the pocket too soon.

Perhaps he leaves some plays out on the field when there’s a breakdown, but typically when he scrambles, or any QB scrambles, the routes are broken as well & while it’d be awesome to make plays here or there when this happens, & let’s not pretend that he never does, any coach worth their weight will tell you it’s better to throw it away than to force something & turn it over.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton Deserves Some Credit - Devils Advocate - 10-04-2017, 12:01 AM