Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton Deserves Some Credit
(10-05-2017, 04:02 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Andy Dalton Playoff stats:
Record 0-4
TDs 1
Ints 6
Completion % 55.7

But hey that’s probably the playcaller’s fault, or the o-line, or maybe he didn’t have any weapons.  You see I have history to back me up and all you have is a raging case of Homerism.  Truth is that nobody outside of Cincinnati mentions the name Andy Dalton when the topic of good QBs come up.  Word is out that in order for Andy to “excel,” and I use that term very loosely, coordinators have to really simplify and decisions Andy has to make by using three step drops/ one read pass plays.  Hence why when we go to the playoffs and face teams with good coaching they very easily shut him down.  

Andy’s playoff stats are all the facts and evidence I need.  You keep clinging to Andy’s regular season accolades and feel free to think Andy’s brought success to this franchise and you’d be right if your definition of success is the same as Mike Browns.  I’m sorry but I’ve set the bar higher than merely making the playoffs.

I hate to say it but this is absolutely true. And it's not just playing in a small market. Palmer got a lot of love from the national media when he was in his prime here. Hell, my first thread here was actually me looking for validation after arguing with some football fans on another site over Dalton being as good, or better than Andrew Luck. I'm pretty embarrassed about making such a claim now, but I really thought he had taken the next step in 2015. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton Deserves Some Credit - Nicomo Cosca - 10-05-2017, 06:51 AM