Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart
(11-01-2017, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't help but agree with both of you.  Trading McCarron would have only shifted the spotlight away from the fact that the Bengals did nothing to improve the team NOW.  Draft picks are fine, but we are already looking to have 10 in the next draft.  We needed help on the OL, right NOW.

So much for the build up for the 50th Anniversary season, folks.

Another reason I'm not freaking out that we didn't trade McCarron (yet). We'll have a bunch of high draft picks next year anyway.

I'm more worried about now, with Green, Atkins and Dunlap all nearing 30. The lack of urgency to win is pathetic. These guys deserve better.

(11-01-2017, 08:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Was listening to Lapham the other nite and he said asking price high on mid season lineman ...

The price of ignoring the line is going to be much higher. As in another lost season and pissed off players. Maybe a QB injury.

(11-01-2017, 08:59 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Very disappointing deadline. Browns screw us out of 2 picks to help us improve our line through the draft and more importantly we don’t make a trade to improve the line now and prevent what seems like an inevitable forthcoming injury to Andy. Messed up front office. Honestly I like AJ and Andy too much to see them rot here. Give them a chance to win elsewhere.

I'm to the point where I hope some of my favorite guys get out while they can. It won't make Mike change (nothing does), but it will embarrass him further.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Browns' trade for AJ McCarron fell apart - Shake n Blake - 11-01-2017, 09:08 PM