Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro
(11-21-2017, 04:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I can't let Marv off the hook because we've had enough talent to make the playoffs 7 times. We've had a pair of good QB's. A pair of HOF caliber WRs. An excellent defense with some of the best players in team history. Even when he's had the talent: 0-7 in the playoffs, 8-30 in prime-time and 8-23 vs the Steelers.

@Benton: I gotta say though, I hate using "drafted players still on the roster" as a sign of draft success. Being on the roster doesn't = good players. Bodine, Ogbuehi and Fisher are all on the roster starting games. They're awful. That's such a Mike Brown way of defining success. Reminds me of when he used to use 1000 yard rushers to define rushing success. Such an archaic and flawed way of judging success.

True, but I look at it as the law of averages. We're going to have some crappy players on the roster. Sometimes, those are free agent crappy players; sometimes they're home grown. 

(11-21-2017, 04:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Also scouting departments are shrinking around the league because of technology and outside scouting agencies.

Good point. No idea if they are, or if other departments are just using tech to get better, but it does play a role in our ability. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals want miracle man on sidelines- Optimism of candidates belies negativity surro - Benton - 11-21-2017, 04:29 PM