Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People talk about firing Marvin...but I don't think Marvin wants to come back
(12-11-2017, 01:05 PM)pally Wrote: Marvin has won here. Plenty of teams with huge scouting departments and making big splashes in free agency lose year after year. Many of our challenges lay at Marvin's feet and have nothing to do with scouting or free agency.  He is slow to make personnel changes when needed.  He is bad at clock management.  He fails to make halftime adjustments.  He fails to have the team ready to play 60 minutes.  He is far too complacent.  He is a poor game day motivator.  His teams are undisciplined. He sticks with underperforming coaches.  And do not try and convince me that Mike forces Paul Alexander on Marvin.  He is there because Marvin wants him there.

It is time for him to move on.  

Oh, and technically he won't be fired , his contract expires.  I hope both sides agree it is time for a change

The 'other teams with big scouting departments lose' excuse is old...because statistically most NFL teams outside of the Browns and Lions have won 5+ playoff games since we last won 1.

So clearly, the way the league does things is right compared to the Bengals way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: People talk about firing Marvin...but I don't think Marvin wants to come back - THE PISTONS - 12-11-2017, 02:07 PM