Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin says it’s not his responsibility to motivate players
Well, you don’t want this. I don’t think anybody does,” Lewis said. “These guys have a lot to play for, and it’s not my responsibility to get them — as I said — to turn up the music. (We’ve got to) figure out a way to get momentum going and put good football plays together. If we got young guys in there, they’re going to have to grow up in a hurry, because we are going to play three good football teams.”

Oh, but it gets better. Lewis then turned blamed toward the referees for a bad spot on the Bengals’ first drive, which required Lewis to go out of his way to throw a challenge flag. And while he won the challenge, that delay caused by a missed call killed the Bengals’ energy on that drive.

“It started with the first third down of the game, where I’ve got to challenge a play because we can’t even get it right from the officials (smiles). So I got to waste a challenge there — it kills what was a good play and now we got to go back.”

It really wasn’t a wasted challenge at all, since the Bengals won and the challenge positively impacted them.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/12/12/16765402/marvin-lewis-not-my-responsibility-bengals-motivated-nfl-football-2017?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin says it’s not his responsibility to motivate players - Trademark - 12-12-2017, 01:19 PM